April 11, 2011

A brief, non-African-safari-type interlude


So I think we can say that March was a month of epic FAIL for this blog. As you can see, I managed to post twice during the entire month. And April isn't off to much of a start, either.

I really wish I could say I was doing something exciting like climbing Kilimanjaro sans sherpa or glamorous like...showering two days in a row.

No such luck.

Instead, I've been trying to meet some wicked work deadlines, burning the midnight and weekend oils, and catching some sleep now and then.

And, OK, I also:


  • Eked out a few minutes of playtime with the new puppy

  • Was asked to speak at my alma mater

  • Immediately began freaking out about speaking in public for the first time since taking a public speaking class at said alma mater

  • Was swindled by an old, crusty man

  • Am currently counting the days until vacation (Florida in T-minus 19 days!)

  • Sadly broke my four-month caffeine-free streak (some things are unavoidable)

  • Have missed all of you terribly

The crazy work times won't really be over until June. But there are simply too many things swirling around in my head that need to be jettisoned, and T is getting really tired of listening to the same stories over and over.

So.

Next up: Introductions. After that? We'll see.

3 backtalk:

Sarah W said...

I want to know more about this old, crusty swindler man. (BTW, Hi! I'm back too! Yay!)

Wrestling Kitties said...

You have been missed! Stupid work, don't they know how important blogging is for your mental well-being?!

(Yeah, what is up with this crusty-old swindler man?!)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

10 points for writing a post that includes the word sherpa.

100 points for integrating Mt. Kilimanjaro seamlessly into that same post.

I'd say that whenever you can write, we'll be here waiting.

:)

love you.

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates