August 16, 2010

A very special birthday today!




Smart.

Hilarious.

Amazing hair.

Great sense of style.

Fantastic listener.

Talented writer.

Incredibly centered sense of being.

These are things I knew about my friend Two Pretzels within hours of meeting her my junior year of college.

Something I've discovered over the past 13 years?

She still possesses all those things. And she's also one of the best friends a girl could ask for.

K, our all-nighters in the Wit office (brandishing a giant umbrella for protection when we had to go to the bathroom in the basement, eating Taco Bell at three in the morning (delivered by fire escape), sweating at the very tippity top of the oldest building on campus, defending ourselves against a bat with a broom) will always be some of my favorites of that entire phase of my life. I'm so thankful for them, and so thankful you were there for it.

But I'm even more thankful that you're my friend today. Your friendship, support and encouragement ("You should start a blog, Shannon!" "Seriously, have you started a blog YET?") has meant more to me than you'll probably ever know. I LOVE seeing how your life has grown with each new addition (starting with Nattie and Craig)! :) You, my friend, are nothing short of amazing.

I absolutely love you to PIECES. And I hope today is one of your favorite birthdays yet. :)

4 backtalk:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

You know I'm crying as I read this, right?

First off, thanks for using up some of your blog space on me.

Second, I love you. These kind words... they're just too much. I just might have to print off this post and stick in my "special things" folder.

I love you, dear friend.

And for the record, I still am VERY glad that you started this blog. (And I treasure our history. I do, I do, I DO.)

Iris Took said...

I'm glad you started your blog too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KY!!!

Mickey D. said...

I agree, she is pretty special ain't she!

(Yeah, your blog is fun. You're funny.)

Wrestling Kitties said...

Yep, that kylee is pretty great.

I also love your blog!

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates