June 22, 2010

Happy birthday, Linda!


OK, my friend's name is actually Tamara. It's her birthday today.

I call her Linda because, one time, in college, we met some boys who decided they'd rather guess our names than ask us. Because we were 19 and 21, we found this hilarious and endearing rather than lame and vaguely creepy. :) And they thought she looked like a Linda (she doesn't; she looks just like a Tamara).

Something else you should know about my friend Linda? She's amazing. She's one of the best listeners I've ever met. She has the greatest, loudest laugh. She's an encourager, and she always tells you the truth. And she gives some of the best hugs, ever, in the world. When Tamara hugs you, you know she MEANS it.

Tam: Happy, happy birthday!! I hope today is a day filled with all the things you love the most, and that, even for five minutes, you get to do something JUST for you.

I love you to pieces. :)

Love,
Wendy

4 backtalk:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!!

I love you, too!

Iris Took said...

That's a great story and a great nickname to have stuck. Happy birthday Linda.

Maura said...

Did the boys guess your name too? Inquiring minds want to know...

Written Permission said...

They did! They thought I looked like a "Wendy" -- weirdos. :)

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates