October 19, 2010

Photo Flashback Tuesday

I was digging around in old photo albums (OK, boxes with random photos -- I'm not organized enough for albums) this weekend, and I found this:


A few observations about this picture:
  1. Who was in charge of my hair on this day? Apparently "Rat's Nesty Braids, Plus Barrettes" was a viable 'do back in 1980. And I rocked it.
  2. Please note my expression of "Um, yes, may I help you? Genius at work here. Very busy. Shoo." According to my mother, this expression surfaced often. (And probably still does.)
  3. I was apparently a very trust-worthy three-year-old, since I was left to my own devices with not just the cookie cutters but the 50-pound, solid-wood rolling pin. Clearly a future executive at work.
  4. Check out that *awesome* '70s wallpaper! Go, Grandma!

To continue the photo flashback goodness, I promise to share a picture of a costume from my youth sometime during the week before Halloween. Be assured, it'll be incredibly embarrassing -- my costumes were always awful. :)

(Bonus points to anyone who shares their own photo flashbacks this week. Don't make me stand alone in Humiliation Corner.)

3 backtalk:

Wrestling Kitties said...

LOVE IT! Love the expression! I feel like kids today with our digital cameras, no wallpaper, and cute clothes are not going to have fantastic photos like this. Sad.

And I am on it! I am ALL about posting awkwardly adorable pictures of myself as a child! It is like my thang :) But first I need to scan them in....I should have it up in a week

Unknown said...

I must say. . . this picture is adorable. . . really, adorable.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YOU are the most precious thing EVER. Craig saw this picture on facebook and was like, "DID YOU SEE THAT CUTE PICTURE???"

Adorable, you sassy little thing.

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates