January 13, 2010

Back on the blog train

To ease my way back into blogging, I thought I'd keep things simple and post a few pictures of my ridiculously adorable niece from Christmas. Here she is with her daddy (my little brother; I still can't get used to the fact that he's someone's daddy):


In this picture, if she were able to speak in complete sentences, I feel she'd be saying, "So, Aunt Shan. Let's chat. How's it going? What are your thoughts on the last episode of 'Jersey Shore'? I totally hate Sammi -- 'sweetheart' my patoot. Have you seen those awful Booty Pop panties? I get better lift from my Huggies, for reals. Let's go shopping."


I love that girl. How is it that an 18-month-old tickling my nose with the hand of a stuffed Grover can amuse me for five hours?

Um, see that face? That's how.

I can't wait until she's older and we can gossip and shop and talk about boys, and I can tell her a whole bunch of horribly embarrassing stories about her dad. It's going to rule.

7 backtalk:

Amber said...

Cute! I love your dialogue - it totally fits her pose and facial expression!

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Hey, glad you're back! Now I can be entertained again!! She really is adorable! She and Nana came over yesterday for a playdate, while I was babysitting my two boys at J's house.

Ky (Two Pretzels) said...

A precious angel. I love these pictures. She's an absolute muffin. 18 months old, ALREADY!?

She's lucky to have you. :) Did she love all of her Christmas gifts?

Ky (Two Pretzels) said...

(Glad you're back.)

Written Permission said...

So, I went a lot nuts with gifts for her this year. But you know how it is with kids -- their stuff doesn't cost as much and it's WAY more fun to buy than boring old adult stuff.

Ironically, the thing she loves the most I got from a thrift store. It's a plush Grover doll with bean-bag feet (I, of course, washed him thoroughly before giving him to her) that she carries around EVERYWHERE. I love it. I'll have to post a picture of her with it -- I'm so proud of my thrifty niece. :) She's a girl after my own heart, for sure.

Ky (Two Pretzels) said...

Ah, those kids. They love the boxes more than the toys.

That Grover doll sounds ADORABLE.

And, I love that she's thrifty already. She's clearly being raised right.

wrestling kitties said...

She is TOO darn cute!! That second picture is simply adorable and I laughed out loud as I read the Jersey Shore comments and looking at her cute face...funny. Feel free to post many more pics of her cuteness!

(Glad you are back!)

There was an error in this gadget

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates