December 21, 2010

Late edition: To make it up to you...

I'll be honest, friends: My day job, the holidays, the pups -- it's all kind of kicking my butt right now.

How my brain looks on the inside:


A very wise friend of mine (cough, TwoPretzels, cough) told me recently to cut myself some slack. So that's what I'm doing. Or trying to do. (Love you, Ky.)

Unfortunately, that means posting on this here blog is going to be extremely sparse for at least the next week. For that I am most apologetic; I hate to think I'm depriving you of more chapters in the scintillating "Doodlefest" arena. But something has to give, and, sadly, this is one of those things.

To make it up to you, as the title of this post indicates, please accept this list of topics I WILL be writing about in the days shortly following the holidays:
  1. A very furry birthday celebration
  2. Waterpark! Family! Christmas! (Matching shirts? Oh, yes we did.)
  3. Why I am a knitting extraordinare (or maybe just a master of personal marketing)
  4. Poo: A conundrum
  5. Cooking update: The one thing I can make well these days
  6. 20 reasons my dad is the coolest (it's almost his birthday!)
  7. Things That Make Me Happy (in Pictures) -- a series
  8. Classic WP: Jumping outta planes
  9. My most-treasured possessions
  10. The one where I finally tell the garlic story, just for Anna
  11. New editions of NBX
  12. The File of Love (please note that this has nothing to do with adult movies)
  13. And more! No, really!
Note: If there's anything you'd LIKE me to write about that you don't see on the list (or something on the list that you desperately DON'T want me to write about), please tell me about it in the comments.

In closing, I will kick off the Things That Make Me Happy (in Pictures) series with the following:


My Big Money pajama pants. My mother-in-law buys really strange gifts, but they are strangely AWESOME.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and (for me and a few of you) a big WOOHOO to the holidays being almost over! :)

For reals, though: Sending warm, fuzzy love to all of you today. Internet hug!

3 backtalk:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I love those pajama pants.

I'm glad you're taking some time for you.

And I love you, too. :)

Feliz Navidad.

Unknown said...

Take the time. . . we will be here when you get back.

Can I just say I am pumped about your list of upcoming blogs. Especially #10. . . if it includes the story I'm thinking of. :)

Hang in there Friend, and have a wonderful Christmas.

p.s. I loved the shirts. . . got a glimpse on twitter.

Wrestling Kitties said...

I hear you... OH how I hear you!

Blogging has also taken a backseat for me. As have cleaning, laundry, and basic hygiene. Ok, maybe not the last one - but sometimes I can't remember if I shower, use deodorant, or brush my teeth so I may have accidentally :)

I am eagerly awaiting your upcoming blogs upon your return!

P.S. I hope you are feeling better! Saw on twitter you may be sick....boo

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates