December 20, 2009

Photo of the Week: Everyone was snazzy in the 80s


I don't know what's saddest about this picture.
  1. The popped collar
  2. The model's fluffy, moussed-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life hair
  3. The feigned toughness on a face sporting a peach-fuzz mustache
  4. The jacket itself (do we really need chains AND embroidered stars AND green-and-pink pockets?)
  5. The fact that it's being marketed as "funky" (false advertising if I've ever heard it)

All I know is, in the 80s, I not only would've thought this Zach-Morris-wannabe model was foxy, I probably also would've begged my mother to buy me this jacket so that I, too, could be "funky."

And that is the saddest thing of all.

1 backtalk:

Iris Took said...

Oh my! Let's not forget that this dude had to lay down on a bed to get his pants zipped. TIGHT!

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates