December 1, 2009

Sniff


I sit next to the kitchenette at work. As a result, horrible, AWFUL smells are continually washing over me as people make cheesy microwave popcorn (which smells like FEET) and warm up their leftover Chinese/Indian/fish-products.

(I'm not even going to comment on the people who pound on the vending machines and curse loudly, as though they were the ONLY person in the world and I wasn't sitting four feet away trying to, oh, I don't know, WORK.)

But just now, the guy in the cube next to me (whom I call "Snorty," for the reason you'd think) is peeling an orange.

Is there any better smell than a freshly-peeled orange? Not for my money.

Sigh. It's so lovely. I could almost forgive his repeated sinus-horking if he'd just peel an orange and let me smell it every day.

Favorite smells? Do tell.

4 backtalk:

Unknown said...

Oooooooh I love the smell of all things citrus. All of my favorite perfumes, candles, and room sprays are citrus.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm with you, I do like the smell of a fresh-peeled orange.

I also adore the smell of fabric softener, cake/cookies baking, fresh-cut grass, Jack Daniels (I know, I know, and Ohio in the fall.

I'm a midwesterner at heart. Forever.

Wrestling Kitties said...

I was just finishing an orange as I sat down to read blogs and you are right, they do smell lovely.

I love the smell of laundry and anything with that "clean linen" smell. I also love any apple cinnamon spice smell, more so in the fall months..mmmmm. I love the smell of Fall and leaves and I love the smell of bonfires.

And there is a rule in offices, NO FISH in the microwave and no popcorn. I mean really.

Iris Took said...

Oranges are wonderful! Also grapefruit and lemon/lime.

Real Christmas tree.

I enjoy the smell of the country - skunk, pasture, cow manure, etc... That that I want to smell like that, but to get a whiff of the country is refreshing.

Coffee.

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates