October 7, 2009

Oh, come on. It's fun.

Taking my cue from "Two Pretzels" and doing the "list of questions" thing. I encourage you to do the same -- these are fun. :)

1. Who was your first prom date? Like Two Pretzels, my Christian high school had a "banquet," not a prom. My first Banquet date was my friend Paul; we went with two other friends and had a great time, despite the lack of dancing...

2. Do you still talk to your first love? I consider my husband my first real love, so yes!

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Believe it or not, I didn't drink at ALL until college. I'm sure it was something like Sex on the Beach, or a mixture of Zima and green-apple-flavored Pucker, or something goofy like that.

4. What was your first job? My parents leveraged their built-in kid labor early on in the family business. :) I was an unofficial pharmacy tech and register-minder starting at the age of...probably...10? Something like that.

5. What was your first car? A 1989 Dodge Daytona. It was red, and the headlights flipped up and down. It was probably super fly back in the mid-80s, but in 1993 (before the 80s became ironically cool), it was just kind of embarrassing.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? My neighbor, to tell me when she'd be here to work out in our basement.

7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? My husband, snoozing next to me. :)

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Miss Yoder. I adored her. I was an early reader, and she developed a special curriculum for me so I wouldn't be limited by the regular curriculum. She also had parakeets that she named "Abey" and "Seedy" ("A-B" and "C-D"). Aw.

9. Where do you go on your first flight in a plane? Hmm...most likely San Diego, CA, to visit my grandparents, when I was tiny.

10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Pam. She and I were BFFs all the way through high school and into college, too. I still consider her mother my second mom. We see each other occasionally when we both visit our moms for Mother's Day. :)

11. Where was your first sleepover? Probably Pam's house, and I'm sure we probably stayed up all night. It was some sort of badge of honor to stay up all night in elementary school. I can't imagine going without sleep now. Kids are nuts. :)

12. Who was the first person you talked to today? My neighbor, Kim. I'm pretty sure I said, "This woman is nuts" about the exercise program we were following.

13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? Hm. I think my friend Tara from back home. We had to wear giant frou-frou coral/orange dresses with HUGE butt bows. I later wore it for Halloween (I was an 80s prom queen). Sorry, Tara.

14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Discipline my dogs. They got into the trash can in our bedroom and scattered pieces of Kleenex and cough drop wrappers all over the floor. UGH.

15. What was the first concert you went to? There were many Christian concerts... Probably Amy Grant? I know the first non-Christian concert I attended was Richard Marx (yeeeaaaaahhhhh!!), and my friend and I were very confused by the strange-smelling smoke coming from the group of college students in front of us. Apparently we were very sheltered, and Richard Marx fans knew how to have a good time. :)

16. First tattoo? Two dolphins swimming in a circle, nose to tail. It came out looking like two platypuses (I always thought this was "platypi," but apparently that's incorrect), so I had to get it redone. When I did, I also added a heart in the middle of the dolphins, for some inexplicable reason. I don't love it, but I was 19 and just wanted a tattoo that didn't include a monster of some kind or a naked woman. It could be a lot worse.

17. First piercing? My ears, at 12. My friend (Pam, again) and I BEGGED our parents for weeks and they finally relented. At the time the family business offered ear piercing (not sure why that was green-lit), so my father had an ear-piercing gun. My mom numbed our ears with ice cubes, then my dad did the piercing on the front porch. I remember feeling very grown up. I was a nerd.

18. First foreign country you went to? Canada. I went to Toronto and Niagara several times, but I'm thinking the first time was on our senior class trip in high school.

19. First movie you remember seeing? Wow, this is a tough one. Probably Bambi? One of the Disney flicks, for sure.

20. What state (province) did you first live in? Lived in Ohio all my life.

21. Who was your first roommate? Jill Miller, in college.

22. When was your first detention? I think 8th grade, for mouthing off to our teacher. She took what I said the wrong way, and I still feel like I didn't deserve the detention. Hmph.

23. When was your first kiss? 8th grade. I don't remember his name, but I know he was an older boy, and it was at my grandma's house.

24. What is the one thing you would learn, given the chance? There are SO many things! A foreign language, sign language, to make my own clothes, to play the fiddle (not the violin; the fiddle is more fun), to do a backflip. To understand people who paint themselves for sporting events.

25. Who will be the next person to post this? No idea, but I hope I'm not the last.

0 backtalk:

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates