November 21, 2009

Remember this guy? 'Cause he's funny now.


Anyone remember Dave Holmes? He was a VJ (aw, remember those days?) on MTV back in the early 90s.

Hosted Say What? Karaoke. Has guest-starred on Reno 911 a bunch of times in the last few years. Has probably done a bunch of other stuff that I don't know about (and can't be bothered to check IMDb to verify).

Anyway.

He noticed the trend of people doing things for a year and then writing a book about them. (My favorite example: A.J. Jacobs' The Know-it-all: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World. It's a great book.) So he decided to read one of THOSE books every week for a year, possibly learn something and then write a book about THAT.

He blogs about the experience (and various other things), and he's quite funny. From my very, very vague recollections of him on MTV, I had serious doubts about whether or not he could actually be entertaining. But lo!

He's been doing what he calls "My Year of Everything" for about a month or so now. He doesn't over-blog, and his posts are quick and snarky and amusing.

I've recently added it to my blog roll. Give it a look, if you're so inclined.

0 backtalk:

I'm Reading:

 

Written Permission | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates